AREAWIDE — UPDATED WITH DETAILS OF ADDITIONAL CLINIC: Ledge Light Health District has scheduled the following COVID-19 vaccine clinics, which Lyme and Old Lyme residents can attend:
- Friday, May 20, 11am-1pm, Waterford Senior Center (24 Rope Ferry Road). Call Waterford Senior Services at 860-444-5839 to schedule an appointment.
- Monday, May 23, 2-4pm, East Lyme Senior Center, 37 Society Road, Niantic
- Tuesday, June 7, 1-3pm, Groton Senior Center, 102 Newtown Road, Groton
Only the Moderna vaccine will be available at these clinics, for individuals 18 years or older who need a 1st or 2nd dose (primary series) or are eligible for a 1st or 2nd booster dose.
The following groups are eligible for a 1st booster shot at this clinic:
- individuals 18 years of age and older who have completed a primary series of a mRNA COVID-19 vaccine (Moderna or Pfizer) and it has been at least 5 months since completion of primary series
- individuals 18 years of age and older who have had a primary dose of Janssen COVID-19 vaccine and it has been at least 2 months and would like a mRNA booster
The following groups are eligible for a 2nd booster shot at this clinic:
- individuals 50 years of age and older who have received a first booster dose of any authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine and it has been at least 4 months since first booster dose
The clinics are free and open to the public. No appointment (except for the clinic at Waterford on Friday, May 20), insurance, or ID is necessary. Bring your CDC vaccination card if you have one. CDC recommends that everyone ages 5 years and older get their primary series of COVID-19 vaccine, and that everyone ages 12 years and older also receive a booster.
For a complete list of community clinics including those where vaccinations are available for people younger than 18, visit LLHD.org.
Community members and businesses are urged to access up-to-date information regarding the pandemic from reputable sources, including the Ledge Light Health District website (www.LLHD.org), Facebook (@LedgeLightHD), Twitter (@LedgeLightHD), and Instagram (@LedgeLightHD).