LYME/OLD LYME —The Lyme-Old Lyme Junior Women’s Club (LOLJWC), which has a pending name change to Valley Shore Women’s Club, has been meeting to schedule both fundraising and community service activities.
This Thursday, Sept. 23, the club is holding a General Meeting at High Nine Brewing in Deep River. All members and potential members are welcome.
Founded as a 501(c)3 in 1965, the LOLJWC is open to all women over the age of 18 in Lyme, Old Lyme, Old Saybrook, Westbrook, Essex, Deep River, Chester and Ivoryton.
The primary mission of the club is to offer community service to each town as well as fundraise to provide scholarships for high school students. The club is always seeking additional ways to make a positive difference in its respective communities.
The club is seeking new members. Participation can be flexible based upon individual availability. General members meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month. For more information on how to join, visit the LOLJWC website.
Upcoming events – “in the works”
LOLJWC is planning a number of events which are listed below. For up-to-date information, follow LOLJWC on Facebook at this link.
- 23, at 7 p.m. General Meeting,
- 26, at 1 p.m. Road Side Trash Pick-up meet at Quality Inn, Old Saybrook
- 21, at 7 p.m. General Meeting
- 30 or 31– Community Pumpkin carving – to be determined
- Enter a Scarecrow in Essex Annual Scarecrow Contest
- 14, – Participant at High Hopes Craft Fair Old Lyme
- 18 at 7 p.m. General meeting create holiday cards for the elderly
- 26, – Green Friday, planting bulbs at Cross Lane Playground