The Connecticut Department of Transportation has announced the following dates scheduled for ramp closures related to Project 104-164, Safety Improvements I-95. The CTDOT says these closures are necessary for the safety of the traveling public and the contractors work force during the milling, reconstruction and paving of the ramps due to the widths and curvatures.
I-95, Exit 72 Ramp Closures May Continue This Evening
April 26, 2017 by Leave a Comment
1. Southbound Exit 72 Off Ramp – April 24 & 25, 2017 *
2. Southbound Exit 72 On Ramp – April 24 & 25 ,2017 *
*These two ramps will not be closed concurrently, but as Exit 72 Off opens then Exit 72 On will close.
3. Southbound Exit 70 Off Ramp – May 1, 2017
4. Northbound Exit 70 On Ramp – May 12, 2015
5. Northbound Exit 71 On Ramp – May 15 & 16, 2017
6. Northbound Exit 71 Off Ramp – May 15 & 16, 2017
7. Northbound Exit 72 Off Ramp – May 17 & 18, 2017
Detours for all ramps will be posted and signed so that the minimum inconvenience to the traveling public will occur. All closures will be between the hours of 8 p.m. and 5 a.m.
The project does not foresee the need to close the Northbound Exit 70 Off Ramp or Southbound Exit 70 On Ramp as the widths will allow milling operations with traffic access.
These dates may change as conflicts arise or due to weather related issues. Emergency vehicle access will be given the highest priority in these locations.